About the Team
Our team meetings are scheduled between 11:00 and 16:00 UTC. Your availability and commitment to participate in these sessions are essential for effective collaboration and team alignment.
- developing, scaling and maintaining some of our backend services including the API, reports and other infrastructure services that manage our product and logistics worldwide
- working with multiple teams day to day to bring more value to Toggl’s users, covering customer-facing web and native applications and public APIs
- designing, breaking down, and completing projects of a medium to large scope with high-level productivity
- looking for technical problems of existing system/product without guidance and offering solutions
- leading projects with a small group of people, such as hosting weekly meetings, communicating with other partners and stakeholders
- Strong backend engineering experience in Go
- Significant professional experience with distributed systems, PostgreSQL, and Google Cloud Infrastructure
- Experience with software engineering best practices (e.g. unit testing, code reviews, design documentation)
- Experience with performance and optimisation problems, particularly at large scale, and a demonstrated ability to both diagnose and prevent these problems
- Ability to work cross-teams and improve cross-functional relationships which will facilitate ongoing projects
- Effective communication skills, ensuring regular consensus with peers and clear status updates.
- Strong collaboration skills across the company to define, design, build, and improve the product.
- Experience with data warehouse, analytics systems, Kubernetes at scale, and system architecture at scale.
- Eagerness to contribute to the engineering team’s growth, including interviewing and mentoring junior engineers, and providing precise, actionable feedback to peers.
- Proficiency in the English language, both written and verbal, is required for success in a remote and largely asynchronous work environment
- Freedom to choose when and how much you work – we only measure results
- 24 days of paid time off a year, plus your local holidays
- In-person meetups for team-building (expenses covered)
- 4-6 weeks paid sabbatical (depending on the tenure)
- Laptop budget up to €2,500 and it renews every 3 years
- €2,000 budget to set up your home office, and additional €300 every year after 3 years of tenure
- €250 per month for co-working space membership and/or internet service at home
- €4,000 per year contribution to use for training, workshops, and conferences
- €2,000 per year contribution for any equipment or services to improve and/or maintain your physical and mental health
- Support for buying tools you need for doing your best work (even eyeglasses if you need a new pair)
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/toggl-senior-backend-engineer-2→